Office managers within the agriculture sector typically handle administrative and customer service duties within an office setting. They manage internal company communications, help to streamline administrative procedures and organize office staff. Office managers also perform business activities including digital bookkeeping, addressing customer service requests and office services.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office
- Perform reception duties such as greeting customers and answering phones
- Manage front desk staff
- Plan and coordinate activities such as staff meetings, events and seminars
- Generate and review customer checks and buyer invoices
- Manage data entry and inventory
- Process general administrative expenses
- Maintain staff files and set up new-hire paperwork
- Support corporate office accounting departments
- Manage customer accounts and create new administrative clients
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist with various safety initiatives and requirements
- Manage technology needs like software updates, virus protection, etc.
- Coordinate office building services such as lawn cutting and office cleaning
- Maintain office organization and purchase supplies
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
- personal finance
A high school diploma is required, but an associate degree in business administration, accounting or a related field is preferred.