Receptionists provide a service role by greeting people and attending to inquiries made by customers or company staff. They may also be required to take charge of outgoing mail, arrange for courier deliveries and assist in simple clerical work, such as copying, typing, receiving payments and ordering office supplies.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Receive and relay all incoming calls
- Provide a courteous reception and information service for callers
- Take messages for those unable to be contacted
- Ensure office visitors are escorted and wear identification
- Provide information to assist clients
- Arrange appointments and maintain calendars
- Establish an emergency alert procedure to signal coworkers and security if an emergency arises
- Assist in the promotion of products when in marketing and sales areas
- Direct people to their correct destination
- Deal with queries from the public and customers
- Ensure knowledge of staff movement within the organization
- Perform general administrative and clerical support
- Prepare letters and documents
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Maintain tidiness of the reception area
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- personal finance
- computer skills
A minimum of a high school diploma is required. An associate degree in business administration or a related field is preferred but not required.