Energy Sales Specialist
Energy sales specialists are responsible for generating sales of fuel in an assigned territory through target marketing, competitor analysis and building strong client relationships. They use their specialized knowledge of their company’s products to answer customers’ questions and offer solutions tailored to their needs.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Conduct sales calls on existing and potential fuel client prospects
- Source and prospect new clients continually through various means
- Record sales or delivery information of energy sales
- Help in developing prices for products
- Develop innovative sales programs and customer incentives for purchasing products
- Share sales marketing programs and inventory/product information with sales team members
- Monitor, coordinate and lead sales activities, product needs and service requirements
- Research if customers are financially able to purchase products
- Have working knowledge of company programs, billing procedures and the monthly statement process
- Provide customer service by using all resources available, including contracting, fuel/oil testing, specific recommendations and other programs needed
- Maintain a current knowledge of the marketplace and the competition
- Establish a route system for delivering products in a delivery territory
- Organize training for sales staff
- Communicate marketing programs and distribute sales promotion materials to customers and prospects
- Collect payments from clients according to credit policy
- Follow up on customer complaints and seek solutions in a timely manner
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- earth science
An associate or bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, agricultural communications, marketing, accounting or a related field is required to work in energy sales.