Dealer Services Representative
A dealer services representative is the primary contact between two companies in a business-to-business relationship. Dealer services representatives support the dealers and field personnel with resources, answers and information through verbal, written and electronic communication channels. In addition, they will generate a weekly report detailing frequent product issues brought up by dealers.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Respond to incoming communications from dealers, customers and field personnel
- Forward incoming communications to the appropriate person if the request is beyond the representative’s scope of familiarity or responsibility
- Enter a summary of each incoming communication into a log to ensure each request is handled
- Generate a weekly report detailing frequent issues brought up by dealers
- Provide structured training to dealers and field personnel in using electronic resources
- Assist and encourage dealers to use available electronic resources to resolve issues
- Work with leadership in the development and maintenance of electronic and printed resources
- Build relationships with dealers and serve as intermediary between them and one’s company
- Assist with preparing and distributing regular and special dealer communications
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
- personal finance
A high school diploma is required to be a dealer services representative. However, an associate degree in agricultural business, agricultural communications or a related field is preferred.