Sales trainers develop curriculum for company sales staff to help them build their skill sets and ensure the objectives and goals of an organization are met. They will design instructor-led training courses, eLearning courses, certifications, seminars and other unique ways to train staff. Additionally, they will evaluate their training efforts to analyze its effectiveness before and after training.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Design and coordinate staff training programs
- Analyze training needs to ensure objectives are met
- Develop training resources such as notes and visual displays
- Conduct training courses for new and experienced employees
- Build relationships with managers and employees
- Report on the impact of training programs (e.g., sales achieved before and after training)
- Conduct skills gap analysis on employees to identify areas of improvement
- Obtain information on work-related external courses
- Provide career development sessions for existing staff
- Conduct new-hire sessions for new sales employees
- Assist in the recruitment, development, utilization and retention of the workforce
- Work with managers to design, develop and deliver advanced sales manager trainings
- Work with the training manager on the succession planning process
- Coordinate follow-up and evaluations with employees
- Work directly with managers to ensure implementation of knowledge and skills
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in human resources, communications, organizational development, agricultural education, agricultural business or a degree relating to the product or services being offered is required.