Warehouse or facility managers oversee security, processes, procedures and staff in storage facilities or warehouses. They maintain stock records and control all warehouse facilities as well as the planning and layout of warehouses. Additionally, they will ensure inventory is stored in accordance with safety regulations and company policy.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Oversee operational activities, training, development, transportation logistics, compliance of safety processes/procedures, customer relations and all other operational aspects of warehouse facilities
- Manage a store or warehouse and its security
- Organize receipts, storage and sale of goods
- Be accountable for planning and execution of operational and merchandising strategies for the facility
- Maintain stock records and documentation on incoming and outgoing stocks
- Ensure inventory is stored in accordance with safety regulations and company policy
- Maintain an economic level of stock on hand
- Ensure OSHA procedures are adhered to within the warehouse and by all staff
- Manage staff and maintain their training and development
- Be responsible for the planning and operational procedures of the warehouse
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- personal finance
An associate or bachelor’s degree is needed in agricultural business or a related field depending on the types of agricultural products that the warehouse/facility provides.