International Business Development Associate
International business development associates are responsible for helping companies strengthen sales, boost brand awareness and accomplish other goals in international markets. They will perform market research to determine which markets are profitable and identify potential clients. International business development associates will cultivate strong relationships with clients by delivering tailored solutions.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Build and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients
- Plan and strategize with team members to set, meet and exceed sales goals
- Coordinate and manage all sales activities within an international market
- Create customer events for improving sales activities
- Understand cultural differences between international businesses
- Help with the development of international marketing materials
- Develop presentations and reports suggesting recommendations
- Assist marketing teams with international marketing activities
- Cold call and gather information about potential clients
- Develop business plans and financial assessments
- Conduct meetings with upper management
- Travel to territories to meet with potential clients
- Provide business development training and coaching
- Prepare analysis for comprehensive and long-term planning
- Act as a face of the company for international business transactions
- Help with internal and external follow-ups and facilitating customer interactions
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- personal finance
- a second language
An associate or bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, agricultural economics, international business, agricultural communications, marketing or a related field is required. A Master of Business Administration or other related postgraduate degree is a plus.