Retail Branch Manager
Retail branch managers oversee the daily operations of a retail store including inventory, personnel, sales and finances. They also maintain good relations with local civic leaders, patrons and boards to keep the company image at a high level in the community.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Oversee merchandising, accounting, inventory and expense control
- Employ, train, develop, supervise and terminate personnel
- Maintain proper documentation of all personnel action
- Provide quality service within acceptable productivity ratios
- Direct and perform fieldwork as needed
- Operate the business for adequate return on investment to increase sales
- Be responsible for all environmental and safety compliance at the retail location
- Maintain good relations with local civic leaders, patrons and boards and complete public relations work as necessary
- Keep the company image at a high level in the community
- Supervise truck and equipment maintenance and routes
- Maintain proper documentation of truck and equipment maintenance
- Handle all complaints promptly and thoroughly
- Be responsible for budget compliance and monitoring financial reports
- Be responsible for management of branch merchandise
- Build relationships with suppliers and customers
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- agricultural mechanics
- personal finance
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, agricultural economics or a related field is preferred. Depending on the nature of the retail store and location, animal science, horticulture, crop science or soil science could also be sufficient.