Inside Sales Representative
Inside sales representatives are responsible for selling an agricultural product or service for their company over the phone or via email. They manage the accounts within their territories, maintain positive relationships with existing customers — providing customer service and addressing issues when they arise — and form relationships with new and potential customers. Overall, they help companies increase brand awareness and product recognition while following leads (a person or business who has the potential to become a client).
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams to determine leads
- Influence, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
- Build relationships with customers over the phone and by email
- Understand and resolve customer conflicts and issues
- Stay up to date on business and market conditions
- Maintain and grow accounts within assigned territory
- Analyze, develop and implement sales goal plans
- Participate in brand forecasting function and accuracy
- Develop and implement a sales call process
- Contact leads from sources such as social media, referrals or advertisements
- Overcome objections from potential customers
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- public speaking
- personal finance
An associate or bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, marketing, finance or agricultural communications or an agricultural degree that relates to the product being represented (e.g., animal science, poultry science, agronomy, turf grass, etc.) is required.