Digital Marketing Specialist
A digital marketing specialist helps agriculture companies increase brand awareness while marketing their products and services to customers across digital channels such as social media, email and webpages. Working with the communications, marketing and graphic design teams, digital marketing specialists oversee the day-to-day management of marketing plans for social media platforms including content creation, paid and organic (free) media, scheduling, analyzing content and evaluating engagement (interactions with posts).
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams
- Develop and execute a digital marketing strategy for the organization
- Create digital content for channels and determine distribution plans
- Maintain a content calendar
- Manage content creation, posting and account engagement across all social media platforms
- Monitor brand performance and use information gained to recommend future actions
- Conduct market research on products and services
- Develop and adhere to a marketing budget
- Utilize paid advertising and organic (free content) media opportunities
- Work with all other functions of the business to carry out business goals
- Optimize content according to search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and given strategies
- Stay up to date on marketing trends
- Have a working knowledge of company mission, products and client offerings
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- art and design
An associate or bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, marketing, agricultural communications or a related discipline is required. Relevant certifications such as a digital marketing certification, marketing boot camps or industry experience may also be recommended.