Data processors provide administrative support for the capture and transfer of information for storage, processing or transmitting. They input agricultural data into computers including reports, mailing lists, payroll, staff records and scientific information.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Operate computer equipment with Microsoft software applications
- Enter data using 10-key number pad
- Correct any mistakes and errors of already submitted data
- Ensure the appropriateness of captured data, the integrity of the data and help identify additional data opportunities
- Exhibit problem-solving, communication, organization and customer service skills
- Understand farming and animal agriculture terminology
- Key in codes necessary to process information with a high level of accuracy
- Input information such as reports, mailing lists, accounts, payrolls, staff records and scientific information
- Report, retrieve, confirm and update data that has been stored
- Make alterations to information already stored on a computer
- Print reports, letters, labels and other documents as required
- Create digital records using a scanner
- Perform clerical duties as needed
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
A high school diploma is necessary for a job as a data processor. Excellent computer skills are a must.