Agricultural Financial Service Representative (Loan Officer, Insurance)
An agricultural financial service representative is responsible for successfully developing and growing a diverse loan/insurance portfolio, consisting of operating, term and mortgage loans for customers affiliated with traditional farms, part-time farms, hobby farms, residences, recreational properties and agricultural endeavors.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Market credit and financial services and establish new market relationships
- Provide documentation support for all monitoring/compliance functions with regard to existing credits within portfolios
- Generate reports that monitor credit and administrative documentation
- Generate reports for debt management, annual reviews and valuations
- Prepare documentation for lending submissions
- Ensure compliance within lending policies
- Assist in other administration tasks as required, such as accounting functions
- Perform sales of insurance products to customers and non-customer prospects
- Develop proposals for one-on-one sales calls with customers or prospects and assist with insurance sales proposals for financial officers in preparation for prospect sales calls
- Coordinate insurance programs within assigned marketing areas
- Gather acreage reports and production histories for servicing of crop insurance policies
- Provide finance program structuring assistance
- Coordinate finance program communications to the field, including policy, procedures and new finance program details
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, finance or business administration is needed.