Talent Acquisition Lead
Talent acquisition leads are responsible for building and executing effective hiring strategies and developing a brand that attracts the best employees. They will determine current staffing needs so they can plan and conduct recruitment and selection processes like interviews and screening calls. In addition to recruitment, talent acquisition managers work with human resources teams to retain employees.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Source potential candidates using various talent acquisition channels such as social media and direct recruiting
- Review resumes and identify talent for screening
- Conduct in-depth prescreening, assessments and interviews, making these virtual as needed
- Schedule meetings for hiring managers and candidates
- Conduct informational meetings with potential candidates
- Provide support to human resources in creating job descriptions and coordinating the interview process, interview logistics and offer negotiations
- Conduct research on potential candidates and talent market trends
- Determine current staffing needs and produce forecasts to maintain a strong candidate pipeline
- Perform extensive research in the candidate sourcing stage
- Develop lists of high-potential candidates to approach senior management for roles
- Become knowledgeable about company products and processes
- Collaborate with other staff on developing employer brand
- Develop employee retention initiatives and programs
- Coach and mentor new talent for a company
- Measure the success of recruiting initiatives using data
- Provide reports and updates to upper management as needed
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
A bachelor’s degree in human resources, agribusiness, agricultural communications, agriculture or a related degree is required to become an agriculture talent acquisition lead.