Storage and Hygiene Coordinator
Storage and hygiene coordinators implement the scheduling, treatment and fumigation of grain and other products. They inspect properties, identify problems, determine treatments and provide estimates of costs for replacement.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Recommend treatment and prevention methods for pest problems to clients
- Mix chemicals to specified concentrations and confirm usage on treatment of raw materials
- Operate equipment to inject or spray liquid and gaseous pesticides and herbicides
- Fumigate storage spaces, houses or office furnishing and clothing
- Dust infested areas with appropriate powder or lay baits
- Apply pesticides or herbicides in the pre-treatment of building sites
- Carry out simple maintenance practices to prevent pests entering buildings
- Maintain equipment in safe, efficient and working order
- Drive trucks equipped with power spraying equipment
- Maintain work records of each property inspected
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
A high school diploma is required, but further education, such as an associate degree or training in pest control, is preferred. Some equipment in this job may require a certificate to operate.