Sales Representative: Feed and Animal Health
Sales representatives of feed and animal health sell and market products and services produced by their company within the animal industry. They disseminate technical information to veterinarians or related animal health personnel and develop and implement a sales-call process to productively manage accounts within a specific territory.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Share technical information with veterinarians or related animal health personnel
- Execute sales plans to achieve goals and increase profitability
- Implement sales, marketing and consulting processes for products and services
- Maintain and grow the market share within a specific sales territory
- Execute marketing meetings with sales, marketing and consulting teams
- Participate in brand forecasting
- Attend regional, annual and vendor meetings
- Work with supplier representatives to install programs or products
- Attend training programs and education workshops to ensure customer satisfaction
- Remain educated on ongoing developments within the animal health industry
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and potential customers
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
An associate degree in animal science, agricultural business or related major is required.