An intern is a professional position that provides on-the-job training in a specialized area that will enable career growth. Internships are typically eight to 12 weeks long, project based and will involve an assigned mentor/manager to oversee the student intern. This role is meant for high school or college students and recent graduates who are looking to gain experience in an area of employment that interests them.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Assist professionals in a defined profession while observing day-to-day duties
- Assist with reporting and analysis as related to assigned intern project
- Be responsible for special projects
- Perform some administration and clerical duties
- Attend professional development trainings to gain industry certification
- Comply with occupational health and safety standards
- Assist in cleaning duties and keeping an organized workspace
- Observe departmental meetings
- Take on other duties as required to enhance the performance of the business
- Present key findings to manager and upper management
- Take part in group projects or activities as they relate to the assigned job
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
Interns are typically enrolled in an associate or bachelor’s degree program at the time of completing an internship. Some may choose to intern immediately following the completion of their degrees.