Research and Development Manager
Research and development (R&D) managers lead a team of researchers for research activities and develop new agricultural products and processes for a company. This involves performing in-depth research on scientific principles and techniques then using the information to development experiments that test research questions.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Develop research projects that build on current company manufacturing processes
- Oversee all aspects of research programs and experiments
- Report to senior management on technical issues and developments
- Lead a team of research associates and technicians
- Present at industry conferences on research topics of interest
- Establish and maintain testing procedures
- Manage and mentor a team of research staff
- Work closely with manufacturing employees to troubleshoot manufacturing processes
- Ensure that experimental equipment is maintained and calibrated
- Work with other departments to develop new processes
- Oversee the budgeting and cost forecasting of research programs
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
A master’s or doctorate degree in the field in which you are applying your knowledge (e.g., agriculture, food science, chemistry, biology, agronomy, etc.) is required.