Export Sales Manager
Export sales managers serve as intermediaries between foreign buyers and domestic sellers. Typically, export managers find buyers internationally for domestic product manufacturers who produce raw goods, processed agricultural goods, equipment or parts. Additionally, they utilize in-depth industry knowledge to build credibility and become a trusted advisor with customers.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Meet with clients to support and grow sales volume
- Serve as a secondary contact for international clients
- Be proficient in a secondary language, if needed
- Analyze data and market trends
- Create databases of suppliers
- Draft sale and purchase contracts for respective parties and complete them upon transaction
- Provide leadership and guidance to your customer service, planning and logistics teams
- Work with international sales managers who attend international trade shows and meetings
- Work to develop new business and growth opportunities
- Investigate new sales opportunities and actively solicit business from potential customers
- Utilize in-depth industry knowledge to build credibility and become a trusted advisor with customers
- Be knowledgeable about the details of the export business to ensure that all government policies and laws are followed
- Negotiate and monitor export rates and services to reduce operating costs and increase profitability
- Respond promptly to customer complaints and look to find winning solutions
- Stay updated on current domestic and international news that may impact trade opportunities
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
- foreign languages
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, business, international business or marketing is required. A Master of Business Administration or other related degree is a plus.