Graphic designers create and design graphical marketing content and media using various software and technology. They work through various media producing the graphical elements of promotional materials: print, video, social media, presentations, advertising, blogs, newsletters, etc. They may help develop marketing campaign concepts and deliver them through multi-channel execution (print and digital).
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Develop new creative assets for print following established brand guidelines
- Develop creative concepts for business marketing or customer needs
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of graphic design software capabilities and advancements
- Integrate written copy into concise, easy-to-read designs
- Work with communications and marketing teams to execute outlined marketing strategies
- Be aware of changes, rules and regulations to content and conform to all quality and safety procedures
- Develop and deliver marketing campaign concepts
- Create digital assets for website and mobile sites
- Support design needs of various departments as assigned
- Ensure all brand standards are followed and maintain an appropriate and consistent image to represent a company or customer
- Create and maintain packaging, labels, and technical labels/instructions for all products
- Assist with company merchandise design, ordering and vendor relations
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
A graphic designer should obtain an associate or bachelor’s degree in agricultural communications, graphic design, digital marketing or another related field.