Technology strategists are responsible for managing and maximizing the value provided by technology within an organization or company. They have a strong understanding of their organization’s operations and will lead the adoption and implementation of technologies that would help their operations. Technology strategists will monitor the performance of new technologies for effectiveness and cost savings.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Oversee and direct the adoption and implementation of technologies for a company
- Establish goals and objectives in alignment with organizational structure
- Manage internal contractors, suppliers and direct reports
- Ensure that technological resources meet company short- and long-term needs
- Determine what technologies a company should purchase
- Help departments effectively use technologies by cutting costs, boosting productivity and improving efficiency
- Ensure the proper use of new and existing technologies
- Analyze data collected from technologies
- Digitize business operations
- Manage technology budgets and time frames for delivery
- Communicate the technology strategy to partners and investors
- Ensure all technology practices comply with local, state and federal regulations
- Partner with other decision makers to determine if the adoption of new technologies is within budget
- Act as a liaison with outside service providers
- Keep up with new technologies by attending conferences, talking to neighbors, reviewing information online and reading articles
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- advanced mathematics
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in agriculture, information technology, technology or computer science is a minimum requirement of employers. Some companies may also require a postgraduate degree such as a master’s or doctorate degree.