Service writers support a service manager and assist in the daily operation of the service department by maintaining records and documentation associated with the servicing of equipment. They assist in scheduling work, answering questions and advising on repairs within established guidelines. Additionally, they process warranty claims, including calculating charges and filing with the correct manufacturing company in a timely manner.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Answer phone calls and emails and assist walk-ins to the service department
- Assist customers at the service desk and advise on repairs
- Open and close work orders as directed by the service manager or parts manager
- Assist in scheduling and answering questions
- Communicate with customers on additional repairs needed
- Start repair orders and enter notes and parts on orders
- Process warranty claims
- Provide clients with regular information and updates regarding the status of vehicle repairs
- Maintain necessary product knowledge and knowledge of mechanical operations
- Generate reports and complete other paperwork and review for accuracy
- Assist customers with picking up, dropping off, loading and unloading equipment
- Coordinate transportation for equipment going in and out of the facility
- Work with delivery drivers to assure timely pickup and delivery
- Assist the service manager in assuring that the shop is in compliance with regulations
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education, especially agricultural mechanics
- computer skills
A high school diploma is required. Technical knowledge of agriculture or construction equipment is a plus, which may be obtained through an associate degree.