Propane Sales and Delivery Associate
Propane sales and delivery associates are responsible for the sale and delivery of propane to farms and businesses and act as the face of the company when delivering to customers. They perform visual inspections of trucks before leaving premises and complete maintenance reports on all deficiencies to deliver loads of propane to customers. These professionals must drive and handle product with safety as their top priority.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Transfer, collect, load and deliver propane product to and from containers for customers
- Actively contact customers to market propane
- Accurately record product delivered and print delivery tickets for customers
- Deliver product to customers in a timely, efficient and safe manner
- Determine ideal route options for daily deliveries
- Monitor and track the transfer of propane inventory, tank levels and container sizing
- Assist with customer service and energy operations
- Assist with inventory control and team safety
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling propane
- Report all accidents, traffic violations and damage
- Complete daily truck inspections and follow vehicle maintenance schedule
- Maintain cleanliness of trucks both inside and out
- Ensure on-time loading and unloading
- Provide excellent customer service
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education, especially agricultural mechanics
A high school diploma and a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with hazmat and tanker endorsements are required.