Information Technology (IT) Web Developer
Information technology (IT) web developers build and maintain websites to fit the needs of companies and their customers. The work of a web developer requires writing code to create a website suitable for the consumer or business.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Communicate with consumers and businesses to discuss the goal of the webpage and elements needed to accomplish site goals
- Develop websites using content management systems, templates and workflows
- Use XML tools and technologies (XML is a markup language and file format for storing, transmitting and reconstructing arbitrary data.)
- Analyze database integration from web environments
- Modify and document web code to correct errors and maintain current subject material
- Assist designers in researching and documenting computer users’ requirements
- Be responsible for unit testing of software and make amendments
- Plan, direct and execute measurable and continuous improvements
- Design and develop new webpage layouts
- Design and develop webpages to maintain accessibility and assure it is user friendly
- Work cross functionally (where people from different areas of an organization work together as a team) with IT and internet security teams
- Manage digital assets such as images and videos
- Optimize websites for search engine optimization and search engine marketing
- Troubleshoot solving issues with content, links navigation and user experience
- Monitor and report analytics for websites
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- art and design
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science or a related field is required.