Information Technology (IT) Software Developer
Software developers create programs for computers or other devices that fill a specific need or niche within an agricultural business. They act proactively in providing suggestions in regard to product development, new services and existing technologies to help improve all elements of customer service.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Provide technical and systems design expertise
- Act proactively in providing software suggestions
- Develop test plans along with expected results
- Prepare implementation and recovery plans
- Install and test software
- Provide on-going production support as needed
- Provide estimates on project requests and ensure timely delivery based on the estimates
- Participate on assigned team projects
- Ensure that technical skills are kept up to date
- Assist in the development of programming expertise
- Promote agile practices such as continuous integration and paired programming
- Knowledge of agricultural terminology is a plus
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer science and coding
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field is required.