Information Technology (IT) App Developer
Information technology (IT) app developers use programs and equipment to design, build, test, produce and improve mobile apps. An IT app developer can provide businesses with apps for consumers or for staff use to increase productivity or provide staff resources.
Career Also Referred To As:
- Mobile developer
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Design and develop mobile applications for iOS and Android per the company’s technology and communications strategy
- Create visually appealing and intuitive user interfaces
- Analyze, review and assess requirements, specifications and models for understanding the needs of the app users
- Maintain records of app usage and summarize data for market research
- Gather information for the app development via interviews, focus groups, research, etc.
- Document internal and external source code
- Handle support and documentation of mobile apps created
- Troubleshoot and implement testing solutions of new apps
- Work closely with marketing and business team members as well as other developers to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Participate in future mobile app development plans and discussions
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding and knowledge of industry standards and technology developments to improve current app offerings and offer new app features
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- art and design
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, management information systems, information technology, software engineering or a related field is required.