Information Technology (IT) Analyst
Information technology (IT) analysts support the analytical needs of a business through the analysis of system data and summary reports. Their collections and reports contribute to decision making for improvements for their specialty area.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Collect and analyze data to enable decision making and process improvement
- Review moderately complex data and generalize trends
- Develop conclusions and summarize the data and its trends
- Collaborate with customers to validate conclusions and report a summary of the findings
- Design and prepare various reports, charts and graphs to show trends
- Seek opportunities for the IT department and improvements that can benefit the specialized area
- Lead projects to deliver new information and technology
- Find and act on replication opportunities between sites and functions
- Leverage knowledge of the business and IT portfolio to provide input
- Influence changes to IT standards to meet evolving needs
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- advanced mathematics
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or a related field is required.