Grain Marketing Specialist
Grain marketing specialists are responsible for managing inbound inventory and marketing grain procurement services and programs offered by their company to producers, agents and other potential customers. They also collaborate with other grain merchandising or sales staff to create and position risk management solutions for producers. A grain marketing specialist role also includes maintaining relationships with current customers and marketing to new customers in the industry.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Buy grain in and around designated trade areas
- Conduct calls to producers to ensure customers are fully informed on offered services
- Ensure the existing customer base is maintained and increased
- Market and administer contracting programs through direct calls
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry standards, trends and terminology
- Collaborate with other staff to create and position risk management solutions
- Create, adjust and manage strong sales plans
- Provide pricing contract administration and coordinate with the sales team to provide benefits and compensation as needed
- Provide timely information of schedules, pricing, contracts and competitor activity
- Provide excellent customer service to producers and customers
- Attend various industry trade shows
- Conduct research for marketing purposes
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, marketing, agricultural economics, logistics or agronomy is required. Additional certification and licensing may be needed for some companies.