Food Chain Outreach Coordinator
Professionals working in food chain outreach are responsible for strategizing relationships with food companies (retail, food service and stakeholder organizations) to better position their own company’s products. They act as the face of a company to clients and focus on developing relationships so all parties achieve long-term success.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Build and strengthen relationships with retailers and food service companies to achieve long-term partnerships
- Position products and platforms with targeted accounts
- Apply knowledge of retail and food service industries to develop and implement a market-access strategy
- Build advocacy among influencer groups and food-chain trade associations
- Assist in the development of strategies, tactics and outcomes with marketing teams
- Coordinate business processes across sales teams to ensure alignment and goals
- Assess market conditions that may impact business practices and relations
- Attend tradeshows and other industry events
- Develop a strong understanding of company products to better upsell (selling more expensive products and add-ons) and cross-sell (selling a different product to existing customers) to clients
- Manage accounts and make sure they are receiving services that are within their budgets/needs
- Create presentations and reports to share with internal teams and clients
- Resolve client complaints to prevent additional issues
- Keep records of client transactions
- Identify industry trends and potential places to sell products
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
A bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, supply chain management, business administration, sales or a related field is most preferred, accompanied by experience in the food industry.