Financial analysts look at various parts of a company’s finances to help the company make better financial decisions. They will develop and recommend broad financial policies and exercise control over all finance and accounting functions of the company. Furthermore, they will prepare, evaluate and monitor company spendings on projects and long-term financial plans.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Support planning and forecasting processes as well as strategic budget planning
- Develop and recommend broad financial policies
- Exercise control over all financial functions of the company
- Prepare, evaluate and monitor company spending on projects and long-term financial plans
- Provide analytical support on business results and achieving financial goals
- Provide financial support to the purchasing department and operations
- Drive the budgeting process for the company while working with the accounting department
- Ensure month-end corporate financial and tax reporting requirements are met
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of savings initiatives
- Compare the company’s finances with competitors in the industry
- Create presentations and reports about your company’s finances
- Forecast future cost trends and budget accordingly
- Advise management of financial processes to ensure proper controls exist
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
A bachelor’s degree or higher in agricultural business, agricultural economics, accounting, finance or a related field is required.