Event managers are responsible for planning and organizing events and obtaining permits, if needed, to host an event at a venue. An event manager’s role is to make sure the events run smoothly and maintain all aspects of the events. They also monitor the event and resolve issues as they arise.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Coordinate all event aspects such as identifying speaker topics, working with speakers, setting event schedules and setting up for events
- Coordinate and manage budgets and financial aspects surrounding the events
- Maintain records of RSVPs and attendees’ accommodations, including dietary restrictions
- Prepare and mail invitations
- Ensure details of events with clients and vendors
- Hire and supervise event staff
- Select the food and catering services
- Order giveaways and door prizes for attendees
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Reserve appropriate locations for events and negotiate event accommodations
- Evaluate and choose an audio-visual system and production company based on the organization’s needs
- Promote the event through advertising and social media
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- personal finance
- computer skills
An associate or bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, public relations, hotel and restaurant management or agricultural communications is needed.