Farm Business Manager/Accountant
Farm business managers/accountants are responsible for the administration of management accounts and accounting processes as well as organizational budgeting. They must analyze, report and give advice on financial dealings, record keeping and compliance. Furthermore, they interpret the statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of cost, budgets, operating policies, trends and increased profit possibilities.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Develop a business plan to maximize the agricultural, leisure and commercial potential of the estate
- Be responsible for daily administration of financial and accounting practices of the business
- Perform accounting duties as directed, including budgeting and costing control
- Responsible for costing and pricing of stock items, including in-progress and finished products
- Assist management in preparing documentation for budgeting and financial reporting procedures
- Maintain the general ledger
- Produce daily and periodic cost statements
- Develop accounting and financial management systems and reports
- Analyze and interpret monthly operating or project performance against budget
- Develop and actively implement budgets and achieve sales targets for areas of responsibility, including building a sales forecast, sales reports, budget presentation and reporting
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, accounting, finance or business administration is needed.