Digital Farming Lead
Digital faming leads are responsible for providing support and technical assistance to growers for the implementation of digital products and tools on farms. They provide knowledge and advice for specific technological products such as precision machinery and soil sampling. They help to translate farming problems into digital solutions and continuously look to improve their product offerings.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Understand, position and sell technical and service solutions to new and existing customers within an assigned territory
- Collect data from the farm using available technologies
- Evaluate farmer needs and propose effective solutions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues on digital farming equipment
- Collect data from the farm including yield maps, as-applied maps and NERP (Nitrous Oxide Emission Protocol) data
- Act as a training specialist to growers to ensure they are confident in their use of the equipment and software
- Organize and analyze customer field data
- Manage on-farm technologies including installing, maintaining and troubleshooting
- Participate in industry meetings, presentations and trade shows
- Collaborate with data-science and digital-agronomy teams to improve digital offerings
- Stay updated on technical advances in farming and animal caretaking
- Have a strong technical knowledge of company farming technology and equipment offerings
- Develop strong working relationships with farmers and growers
- Conduct in-field duties such as equipment optimization and display orientation
- Create training materials for digital offerings
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- computer skills
- personal finance
A bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, engineering, IT, computer/data science, agronomy, weed science or a related discipline is required. A Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) certification may also be preferred.