Athletic Turf Manager
Athletic turf managers are responsible for producing and maintaining sporting grounds. They ensure the turf and surrounding areas are pristine. They plan, oversee and manage major athletic grounds and field renovation projects. Additionally, they develop and manage budgets related to athletic fields and grounds.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Develop and implement plans for the successful maintenance of all athletic fields and grounds
- Oversee assigned personnel including staffing, daily performance and record keeping
- Purchase, maintain and manage inventory of athletic field maintenance equipment and supplies
- Supervise the conversion and protection of athletic fields during special events
- Restore fields damaged by weather, use or other conditions
- Manage and review irrigation system performance and initiate changes when necessary
- Attend sporting events to supervise field use
- Accurately communicate with clients, employees and guests
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- environmental science
A high school diploma or equivalent or a degree in turf grass management, horticulture, crop science or a related science is usually required.