Sales Representative: Equipment and Agricultural Systems
Sales representatives specializing in agricultural equipment, agricultural systems or precision agriculture technology are responsible for selling products and services in their assigned territory. They act as the face of the company presenting and promoting equipment to existing customers and seek new opportunities with prospective customers. Sales representatives act as a key point of contact from initial lead outreach to after the purchase is made.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Oversee retail sales and promotion of products
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers
- Educate customers on company products and services and
- Recommend equipment and other products at competitive prices based on customer needs
- Conduct sales calls and presentations
- Monitor competitive activities and be alert to industry trends
- Implement marketing tools and maintain public relations through customer education and promotion of new products and services
- Identify areas of improvement and develop strategies with the intention of expanding business options
- Manage inventory of new and used equipment and parts
- Maintain relationships within dealer guidelines and provide after-sale product follow-ups as well as equipment operations support as needed
- Attend industry trade shows and events to represent products and communicate with customers in-person
- Coordinate with billing or accounting staff to ensure accurate invoicing
- Monitor market conditions and changes
- Develop and implement a sales-call process
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- focus on sciences such as animal science, biology and chemistry
A bachelor’s degree in business, agricultural business, agricultural sales, agriculture, marketing or agricultural systems is most often preferred. Additionally, experience working with agricultural equipment can also be seen as an asset.