Marketing specialists ensure the appropriate communication messages and mediums are used to meet sales targets. Their work uses research to find the best means for their company to reach the target demographic for a particular product or service. A marketing specialist may focus on a particular branch of an organization or specific marketing type, but most positions are a combination of training/education, pricing, inventory management, communication pieces, reporting, trade shows, coordination and more.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Plan, develop and direct the distribution of product
- Develop and execute marketing programs
- Develop a marketing strategy for the organization
- Complete primary and secondary market research to generate reports
- Compile information about a market segment’s demographics, geography and other attributes
- Be responsible for internal and external communications
- Coordinate and/or produce a variety of communication medium including, but not limited to, graphic design, websites, social media, photography, videography and written pieces
- Coordinate and execute special events
- Work with suppliers to ensure distribution programs
- Create incentive programs for sales associates and suppliers
- Monitor brand performance and use information gained to recommend actions
- Provide financial analysis and business planning
- Conduct market research on company products and competitive products/companies
- Develop a marketing budget and adhere to outlined expenses
- Work with all other functions of the business to carry out business goals
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, agricultural economics, agricultural communications, marketing, journalism, communications, business administration or a related field is required.