Integrated Solutions Consultant
Integrated solutions consultants provide expert consulting services for the sale and support of precision agriculture products and services. They build credibility with growers and farmers by having a strong understanding of their company’s offerings and helping them select the best precision agriculture solutions for their operations. Additionally, integrated solutions consultants provide support for scouting, soil sample and data collection of fields.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Help growers and farmers find the best technologies and machines for their farming practices
- Develop specialized solutions for each farm
- Execute precision agriculture plans
- Ensure that farm data from different types of precision farming sensors is correctly captured
- Help lead an organization’s precision farming product initiatives
- Develop a specialized knowledge of precision agriculture
- Collaborate with precision agriculture technicians
- Provide technical services and recommendations to patrons
- Develop and maintain relationships with growers
- Assist with training growers and other staff on precision agriculture
- Understand the organizational structure of sales, services, parts and all other departments and services
- Provide solutions-based business consulting services to customers (e.g., advising customers on optimizing performance, reducing costs, operation efficiencies, etc.)
- Provide recommendations of stocking and inventory requirements for dealership staff
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education, especially agricultural mechanics
- focus on sciences such as chemistry and biology
Integrated solutions consultants require a high school diploma and at least two years of experience in an agriculture-related work role. Additionally, a Certified Crop Advisor certification or equivalent is preferred. Those looking to become an integrated solutions consultant manager would benefit from an associate or bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agriculture business or agriculture mechanization.