Feed Mill Manager
Feed mill managers are responsible for overseeing the production, quality, costs and safety of a mill that produces feed for animals. They keep inventory of feed ingredients and order more ingredients as needed. Additionally, they ensure all employees are trained on safety and continue to stay up to date including protocols and industry standards.
What Responsibilities Will I Have?
- Review and maintain proper production records
- Schedule feed production to meet supply demand
- Test and review feed and grain quality
- Schedule employee shifts and keep track of employee time
- Maintain customer satisfaction including handling customer questions and complaints
- Evaluate operating procedures and propose or make adjustments as needed
- Set quality assurance standards and update policies in accordance with industry standards
- Prepare and monitor monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets
- Stay up to date on new technology and ways to make process improvements
- Train new employees and provide development opportunities
- Maintain or manage maintenance of filling equipment and other equipment needed to perform duties
Recommended High School Courses:
- agricultural education
- animal science
- plant science
A bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, poultry science, feed science or a related field is required for the role of a feed mill manager.